Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Crafty Kind of Easter Part 1

With Easter only a week away I thought I'd share with you some of my all time favourite Easter tutorials.

I just love Easter, well I love any reason to celebrate be it Christmas, Easter, or birthdays.

With my daughter, Miss S, getting to that age now where she understands what holidays are, I am really loving my craftiness so here are some tutorials I've made in the past or plan to tackle this Easter:

Finished bunnies made by me, template by Twig & Thistle

First up these lovely little critters were constructed on the Twig & Thistle DIY Stuffed Easter Bunny Template, found here. This template has been a huge hit with TSL members & I'm loving seeing all the various bunnies multiplying on our group wall. I did enlarge the template to 150% which ended with the bunny being approximately 20cm tall. I also embellished with a cute ribbon & bell for Miss Bunny & a felt hand stitched heart for Mr Bunny. 

Cass Can Sew
 Wouldn't this cute little guy be the perfect softie partner for Mr & Miss Bunny? TSL member, Cass from Cass Can Sew has shared this great tutorial, with template, on her fabulous blog. I hope to whip up The Dilly Daddle Duckling for my niece & nephew.

Sew-Mad
I have admired this little Easter basket for a year or so now & this year I'm finally going to make it for Miss S! The tutorial is in German but don't fear at the end of the blog post you'll find a link for an English version, including pattern pieces. Look out later in the week for my pictorial review of this tutorial.

Retro Mama








I love these fabric eggs!
I made a few of these last year for our Easter Egg Hunt as an alternative to just hiding chocolate eggs. They bought endless fun to Miss S on Easter Sunday as we threw them to each other & counted them.  The tutorial is excellent & comes with a template to use.



3 comments:

  1. Thankyou you so much for featuring The Dilly Daddle Duckling Renee! Can't wait to see your ducky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo these are all soo cute ;) I will have to remember them for next year when lil miss is big enough to get the holiday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog looks amazing and I especially love your sewing signature!!

    ReplyDelete